Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inauguration events (pictures with people!) :)

Hi Everyone,
The past few days have been filled with inaugural events. I took some pictures so that you could see some of the action....but I uploaded them backwards. So your best bet will be to scroll all the way to the end, and work your way up. :)

Enjoy!



^After the inauguration ceremony, there was a big fancy dinner served to everyone. It was very tasty. Then there were some paintings auctioned off to raise money for LCC.


^Us


^The mayor of Klaipeda (among other distinguished guests) spoke. When the person up front was speaking Lithuanian, there were English words on the wall. When the person up front was speaking English, there were Lithaunian words on the wall. A much better way to do translation, in my opinion (rather than having one person speak, and then another person translate after. Every sentence takes twice as long that way). Anyway, I liked this sentence.


^Our new pres


^Processional at the inauguration


^2 sets of conversations.


^A good sized crowd.


^International gifts


^Kyle and Trisa say thank you.


^Ukrainian students sing a song.


^Love this one. On the table are all of the gifts from students. A student from Finland is giving the pres and wife a Finnish knife (and apparently saying something VERY funny!)


^Someone up front said something funny.


^Saturday morning was a student reception, which in my opinion was the best event. Students got to give their blessings to the president and his wife in their own language, and then presented them with a gift from their country. Pastries and coffee and mingling afterward.


^Steve


^Everyone got a chance to dig if they wanted to.


^Ilya, an RA, makes the first dig.


^The Mayor of Klaipeda and the President of LCC shake hands.


^Some student life staffers


^Reactions from the crowd


^Lots of people spoke...LCC's new President was one of them.


^On Friday, was the groundbreaking ceremony for the new residence hall that will hopefully be completed by Fall of 2011. Steve was the MC.


^Lithuanian Dancers.


^The Parade of Stars, where students from different countries represent their country through art, skits, music, etc. A great show this year! Belarus got first place, Ukraine second, and Moldova third.


I took over 400 pictures...so this is just a few to give you an idea :) If I feel motivated, I might make a couple of albums on facebook...if that happens I will let you know!

Blessings.

No comments: