It seems strange to me that I have found time in the midst of one of the busiest weeks of the semester (board meeting/Presidential inauguration/normal work) to share some updates. Yet I need to share being I have been "silent" and only have let Laura bring our news.
I titled this post "Sweet Conversations" for a number of reasons. First, it is conversations that I long to have with students and others in order to share our stories and to connect those stories to the Great Story which encompasses us all.
I have been encouraged this year to have had/am having the opportunity to have meaningful conversation with my RAs. I haven't talked enough about this amazing group of students with whom I have had the opportunity to work with this year. We have a fun time when we are together as a group, work well together, play well together, and engage in meaningful conversation in which we are growing together. The same way, my favorite part of my job (and a key reason I love being an RD) is getting to have one-on-one meetings with my RAs. This is a time in which we get to talk about work things, but more importantly about life things. I love seeing how the relationship with my students continues to grow throughout the year from introductory topics to matters of the heart.
On such conversation has been particularly uplifting and encouraging has been centered around the topic of wisdom development and worldview. I am constantly challenged by this conversation and yet it is the conversation that I love to have. On thing that I have really been challenged by and have shared with this particular RA is the idea presented in a book I recently read that talks about the not necessarily looking for clarity in all things, but being challenged with intrigue and the development and learning that takes place in a constant desire to learn, examine, and wonder. This is what I desire for our students, but also for myself...To be rooted in Truth and continue to develop from there.
The second, reason I called this post "sweet conversations" is because we have had some great times talking with family of late and hearing good news from back home. We got to sing "Su gimimo diena!" (Happy Birthday) to my Grandma Hanson on Sunday as she turned 91. We also got to talk with my cousin Nate and his wife Rebecca and congratulate them on the news of their baby due in September. It was a fun day to talk with a lot of family visiting for Grandma's birthday and to catch up and feel loved and supported.
The third reason for the title has to do with prayer. I desire for my prayer life to be a sweet conversation and not always be selfish in the way I pray. I feel like I ask for a lot when I pray and forget to seek God, not just what He is going to do for me or where He is going to provide. I need to trust God to provide according to His will, asking for what we need, but spending more time being intrigued by who God is, rather that what He can do.
That being said, We do need prayer as we look to what God has for us after LCC. I had two phone interviews last week with universities that I would really like to work at. I think they went ok. One of the universities just emailed me today to say that they were no longer considering me. It always hurts to hear that. Please pray that God would lead us to the right place and open the door to a place where we can serve and grow.
I am anxious to know what is next, so that I can stop having it consume my thoughts and so that I can give all that I have to finishing strong here at LCC, spending time with our students and friends, and leaving on a strong note.
Thank you all for your prayers, love, and support.
Go and be intrigued by God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment