Before we left for Fall Break, I wanted to update you about events that had been keeping me busy. They seem like they were ages ago already, but I feel that it's only fair to update in chronological order.
On October 14th (I told you it was ages ago) was an event called First Year Night. As you might be able to guess, First Year Night is an evening specifically for freshmen, planned by their SOS leaders. Being that part of my title is Orientation Coordinator, I am the supervisor of the SOS leaders (SOS = Student Orientation Staff). There are 15 leaders and just over 200 freshmen. With a lot of hard work and planning, First Year Night, with the theme "Masquerade" was pulled off quite well. There was live music (which people either loved or hated...for the same reason: because it was loud), games, food, decoration, and people dressed not only in masks, but costumes as well.
Here are some pictures from that event:
On October 14th (I told you it was ages ago) was an event called First Year Night. As you might be able to guess, First Year Night is an evening specifically for freshmen, planned by their SOS leaders. Being that part of my title is Orientation Coordinator, I am the supervisor of the SOS leaders (SOS = Student Orientation Staff). There are 15 leaders and just over 200 freshmen. With a lot of hard work and planning, First Year Night, with the theme "Masquerade" was pulled off quite well. There was live music (which people either loved or hated...for the same reason: because it was loud), games, food, decoration, and people dressed not only in masks, but costumes as well.
Here are some pictures from that event:
I'm blessed to have 15 wonderful ladies as SOS leaders. They are a good group -- smart, creative, fun, lots of ideas, etc. Here are two of them: Olga and Valerie (I decided not to crop out the girl on the far left side of the picture, so you could see her mask).
Listening to the band.
Getting ready for an activity.
A large game of "Honey if you love me won't you please smile?"
A group of masked/costumed students.





No comments:
Post a Comment