Monday, October 13, 2008

A lovely Saturday -- Part 2

Rundale Pils

When we drove over the Latvian border, they decided to stop the bus and check all of our passports/identification. After some time, they decided that we could be in Latvia.

After driving for a little while, we arrived at our next stop Rundale Palace (Rundale Pils in Lithuanian). You can click on the link above to find out the history of it. It is now a museum, and we got to take a tour. If we wanted to take pictures inside, we had to pay 2 Lats. We decided that we'd save our Lats, and let other people take some pictures. The website has a few pictures that suffice.

It was a really interesting place. Huge.

Here are some pictures of the outside.


A potential Christmas card photo?


Walking toward it. There is a HUGE garden behind. If we were to visit here again in the summer, I bet the backyard would be beautiful.
Walking on the cobblestone path to the front door.
We all had to wear these fancy blue slippers (to protect the floors). This is the only picture I took inside.
A path from the bus to the palace.
This picture was souvenir enough.
Part 3 coming soon!

1 comment:

HRHanson said...

Hi guys, I just wanted to write to tell you we miss you. Just been thinking about you a lot. The blog is great. I love the photos. We are starting to really think about where we want to land after all this residency. You can be praying for Harrison as he seeks the Lord's direction and you could be praying that I'll have a willing heart to follow where he leads.

The boys are doing great. We heard you had LOTS of time to talk with Hezekiah. He talks of you OFTEN!!!

Love you lots. Have a great day!

Rebecca