Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Karklu goes bowling!


On Tuesday I decided that what my RA team really needed was some time away from the dorm (granted we only went about 4 blocks away) and some time to bond as a team. So, I told them to dress as mismatched as they could and come to our apartment at our normal meeting time. They thought we were going to have our normal weekly staff meeting, but they were in for so much more.




Once they all arrived, mostly dressed a little funny, we headed out. It was fun to see them react to going out into public in clothes that may make them stand out in humorous way, as most everyone here dresses very smart most of the time. It was also fun to see how their reaction grew stronger as we turned to make our way to the main street (Manto gatve). My RAs were a little confused when we started up the escalator, but soon figured out that we were going to be spending our meeting BOWLING!




Only one of my RAs had ever been bowling before in her life! This was great news to me and gave me a chance to not only have fun with my RAs but to get to teach them something new as well. We all had a great time and it was a break that we as a team needed. And not that we were really keeping score but team S.I.I.T. (Steve, Ivanna, Ilya, & Tania) beat team E.A.L.N (Ellie, Alex, Lidiya, & Nadiya). Fun was had by all and I think everyone rolled atleast 37 or higher, so everyone knocked down a few pins.




Here are some pictures from the event and some pictures of me and my RAs in our apartment afterwards. Enjoy.


Everyone wanted to stand and watch. Good times.



Ilya in action.





Come on, can't we take a nice picture?

My 2008-2009 RA Team

L to R: Ellie (Belarus), Tania (Ukraine), Ivanna (Ukraine), Lidiya (Ukraine), Me (USA), Nadiya (Ukraine), Alex (Moldova), Ilya (Belarus)

Pray for me as I lead this team and for the RAs as they continue to learn what it means to be and RA and as they serve their fellow students in this leadership role. Pray also for team unity and growth (corporate as well as individual).

I am glad to finally introduce you to the students I work with whom I work most closely. Hopefully this gives you a better pictures of what we are doing on a daily basis and who the students we are serving.

1 comment:

Toni said...

That is so amazing. It is great to hear how much of an impact you are having.