If there is one cultural thing that I miss by living in Eastern Europe, it is the fact that it is difficult to watch the sports teams that I love...or really any sports at all. I am blessed to have a wonderful internet connection and access to espn.com, twins.mlb.com, nfl.com, bethel.edu, and other websites (I could even follow my cousins' high school football, soccer, basketball, and hockey scores last year). This whole internet thing is nothing new and you all know that.
However, it is very much a treat when I can follow a game live and share in it with my fellow fans. Last night, our friends, the Yockeys, who spent last year here at LCC with us, emailed me and to see if we were going to attempt to follow the Twins game (they are from Illinois and are Cub fans, but also baseball fans). Then they offered to help us listen to the radio feed of the game via the internet. It was very generous of them and it was so great to talk to them for a while as we made the arrangements.
Being the game started at 12:00 midnight our time and lasted 4 1/2 hours, I was exhausted, but so glad I stayed up to witness a great game.
The long night also gave me time to think of all of the people who are supporting us to be here working at LCC. I am amazed at all of generosity and creativity of all of you in the ways you support us. Thank you so much. Even though I may not have time or space to mention each one by name, know that have been a blessing to Laura and me.
Thank you for you prayers. And all you Minnesotans now have to cheer extra hard during the playoffs.
1 comment:
i wonder if you could skype with a tv in the background? would that work at all?
Post a Comment