Thursday, August 14, 2008

Laundry. It's boring, but it's a part of our lives.

Just down the hall, there is a staff laundry room for us to use. Pretty straight forward, right?


Two washing machines.




Here are our choices for instruction.


Here are some buttons and dials to pick from. The first two dials are water temp and number of cycles. After making a phone call, we learned to put the 3rd dial on 4.


Watching the clothes go round and round is mesmerizing.


Detergent.


Ironing board and Iron.



We didn't bring our own iron because we figured it'd be too heavy...plus the outlets look like this.


Not too common to have dryers here in Lithuania. There is a dryer we can use upstairs, but for most of our clothes, we'll have to hang them to dry (in the laundry room).


We are watching the laundry. I am sporting my new (used) pajama pants that I got at used clothing store for a whopping 3 Litas! ($1.30 U.S. Dollars)


A shot from the doorway. Notice the clotheslines in the back of the room.

2 comments:

Eva Joy said...

I already dislike the task of laundry. If I found the machine confusing besides, I think I would give up.

Is that Lithuanian? Did you guys learn to speak another langauge? I guess I never asked you that.

Cute pants.

Laura said...

I think the two languages are Russian and Italian (the machine was proudly made in Italy).

For the first semester we will take an intro to Lithuanian class.

Thanks :)