Thursday, February 25, 2010

Early morning post

Hi Everyone,
We are having a great week hosting Hannah and Eva! We both started out with a busy week, but I (Laura) have been able to take some time to show them around Klaipeda a bit yesterday. We have been playing lots of Rook, and just plain enjoy having them here.
The early morning post is because we are currently on a bus to Riga for the day (the same bus driver, I believe, that drove us that memorable time when the bus got stuck in the snow...I think we will be ok though). The bus has wireless internet, so I brought the computer along to try to get some work done from the bus (Steve, unfortunately, can't join us for this little excursion, he has too many tasks at school that he needs to get done by the end of the week...we hope to take the girls to Vilnius for the weekend before we send them home on Monday, so Steve will join us then).
Anyway, I am happy to report that when we got on the bus at 7am, the sky was a dark navy blue, and by about quarter after/twenty after, the sun was out. Yay for daylight! The sun will set a little after 6pm today -- wonderful!
I am hoping to sleep for the rest of the bus ride, but thought I would do a little post while I was still awake. Hopefully I will remember to take some pictures today while we are in Riga :)
Blessings,
Laura

PS....as I write this, it is still Wednesday in MN...but Thursday morning and the sun is risen here already.

No comments: