Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sharing with Students via Narnia



As we are winding down the Fall semester we are at the same time working on plans for the Spring semester. One of the plans for Spring semester is addition of course on writings, thinking, and life of C.S.Lewis. As this course quickly filled up with students it is not something that I can audit or sit in on, however I have been working with the professor of this course to see how I could help. Our plan is that I will lead a supplemental book discussion group that will relate to the material and give added insight in Lewis' writings.

The plan for the discussion group is to read through all 7 of the books in the Chronicles of Narnia. Here is where the title of this post comes in. We don't have any budget to get all of the books to host this discussion group as this is an extra group and not required for the class.. The library only has 2 copies of each book. In order to do this discussion group we would need as many copies as we could get (15 would be great). Any donated books would be given to LCC and used in the semesters to follow.

I have purchased in the past a one volume collection of all 7 books which seems to be the least expensive option. Or perhaps someone has some old copies lying around the house that are not being read or you know of a used book store or flea market or a publisher.

Any help would be great. Send me an email shanson@lcc.lt if have questions or post a comment at the end of this post.

Thanks for your generosity and assisting in student learning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to try to locate some books for you. Is there an address I should mail them to, and anything else I need to know about sending something to Lithuania?