Friday, August 28, 2009

Middle of Orientation

Hi all,
It is the middle of orientation, and I think it is going well. We are keeping our heads above water...although we don't have any time to do anything besides work, eat, work, sleep, work, etc. (and take 5 minutes to update the blog...but really I should be sleeping). This weekend will be pretty full. Steve is nearing the end of training his RA's. They had a meeting here today and made pizzas together. We love our student leaders! They are great to work with.
Here are a couple of pictures that I took during orientation today.


The weather has been GORGEOUS the past couple of days, Praise God! Hopefully it will be nice for the next few.



They had to fit their whole group onto a small piece of cardboard. They succeeded!



Steve and I will each teach a first year seminar class. Here is a picture of mine (by a big spider web, one of the many games/initiatives the students have played, and will play during orientation).



That's all for now. Tomorrow is a full day.

3 comments:

Eva Joy said...

The Brandes family got on Skype today with the hopes of catching you guys online. No such luck. This post explains why. Sounds busy busy busy. I was hoping to maybe ask if we could chat tomorrow, but it sounds like you'll be busy then, too. We will probably sign on anyway. We would love to chat if you have time!!

p.s. We might possibly be going to a matinee movie, so I will likely be on in the early and late afternoon with a big chunk missing in the middle.

Emily Grace said...

I think God knew that you would have this job one day, and that's why he put Jan Gerth in your life :)

Laura said...

Eva: We will get on skype now, and wait until your matinee is over.

Emily: I think that quite often :)