Sunday, February 15, 2009

Last Week

Last week was a busy one for me. We had Bible study with our students on Monday evening, and I had my other Bible study on Tuesday night. These are usual occurrences, but still contributed to the busyness nonetheless. On Wednesday and Thursday evening were Leadership Challenges. I decided to offer two this semester, to make sure that everyone would have a chance to attend one. Last semester there was only one, and you can reminisce about it here.
Anyway, both evenings had the same activities as the fall semester, so I won't describe those again. But here are some pictures that I liked from those events.



















I love candid shots. They are some of my favorites.


There are a lot of great students that have been attending these leadership events. I hope that a lot of them will apply to be in leadership positions next year.

On Thursday evening after the last leadership challenge was over, I went over to Neumann dorm to catch the last hour of a residence life event that Steve and the other RDs and their RAs were putting on. They were doing a "blind date" game (which had elements of the old game show The Dating Game and some other fun games and improv), and there was a big turnout. A good amount of students participated in some way in the game, and a lot more showed up to watch and cheer them on.

Then on Friday, I led a leadership seminar all about Leadership as I learned it while working at Starbucks. I called it, "Leadership as Learned From the Coffee Shop." I think it went pretty well. It was a fun topic for me. Steve came and sat in the front row -- it's great to have such a supportive husband! At the beginning of the year I said I would probably schedule myself to lead a leadership seminar on one of the days wherever I needed. It just so happened that the only date I wasn't able to find a speaker was the date at the end of a really busy week for me. Oh well. I'm glad I was able to do it, and also a little relieved that it's over with.

Steve took me out to dinner on Friday evening, and then on Saturday he gave me (among other things) some flowers. In Lithuania, they only give even numbers of flowers for funerals. So flowers for loved ones are given in odd numbers. Interesting!

This weekend has been pretty relaxing, and we have a day off tomorrow because it is one of Lithuania's independence days. I don't know if there are any parades or fireworks or picnics planned, but we are definitely going to enjoy the extra day of rest.


Hope everyone had a great weekend and is doing well.

No comments: