Mano Vardas Laura. Mano Pavardė Hanson. Aš kalbu puikai angliškai. Aš kalbu šiek tiek Lietuviškai.
We had our first Lithuanian 101 class today. One of our assignments was to tell 5 poeple what we learned (basically to get us to practice speaking). If 5 people read the first lines of this post, I should get an A ;).
If anyone thinks to be awake at 4am (Tuesday), please pray for me, I will be teaching the first day of my class: First Year Seminar, at noon. I'm a mix of excited and a little nervous. I think it will go well. Who knows, maybe I'll discover that I love it.
Hope everyone is well.
Can anyone guess the translation of what I learned today? The little squiggle over a letter (like s, c, or z) indicates that it should be pronounced like it has an "h" after it. So š is pronounced sh.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't know you were going to be teaching classes. That's exciting. Well, I'll pray for you right now. If I'm up at 4am, I'll pray too. But, I'm about to drink up some NyQuil, so the chances of that are slim.
Miss you.
Post a Comment