In Lithuania, they speak "Lithuanian."
At LCC, classes are taught in "English."
We've heard that at the end of the day, the language of the dorms is "Russian."
The Sunday before last, we talked for a little while in church about where we're going and what we're doing, etc.
Then yesterday when we got to church, our friends who sit in front of us had a gift - The Rosetta Stone, Level 1 Russian (A cool computer program that will teach us basic Russian!). It was an incredibly thoughtful gift, and one that we will use a lot! We are very thankful!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi You Guys!!!
I have missed you being in church on the last couple of Sundays!!! I miss you at work Laura!!! Did you make it to Minnesota ok? Have you had any tornadoes yet? Sounds like it has been bad. Welcome home huh? Looking forward to what you will be doing next!!
God Bless You,Jill
Hi Jill,
No tornados here yet, but south of us had some pretty bad weather over the weekend - baseball-sized hail! The trip home has been wonderful and we've been able to see a lot of people. Camp is right around the corner, so we're trying to get a lot of stuff done before that starts. Miss you a lot!
Blessings,
Laura and Steve
Let me know how that Rosetta stone works out for you. I see it all the time and also know the big claims it makes. I want to know if they are the truth from someone i trust. I am excited. not that i would learn russian... but some other languages that may be helpful.
Post a Comment